Where Am I?!
You are at http://timgagnonwashere.tumblr.com/
Seriously, it’s right up there in that URL bar. Use your eyes.
Who Is Tim Gagnon?!
Tim Gagnon Was Here is my journal, capturing the journey of my writing and finishing of my first book, which I hope to then get published. So yes, for you viewers at home, I am Tim Gagnon. I’m not nearly comfortable enough spilling my life story to you, weepy confessionals and completely out of control self-indulgence included, so I’ll give you the highlights:
- I was born one day. Flag Day, to be specific. Yes, it’s a holiday. Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who doesn’t know it/will now try to observe it to get a day off from work.
- I was raised in a nice, New England family. They were nice and boring. I should’ve just lied and went with the “I was raised by bears in the slums” story so I could earn even more cred and be an even more brooding and tortured artist.
- I read a poem in front of my fourth grade class. I got a huge round of applause at the end. The ego trip has not stopped since. Neither has the lighthearted sarcasm.
- I went to my first show at thirteen. It was New Found Glory. I ate a ton before it and felt like I was going hurl all throughout the show, but it changed my life somehow. I’ve seen hundreds of shows since.
- I hit puberty. It was kind to me. Girls were not.
- I think “girls were not kind to me” deserves its own point.
- I began to write the start of what is now this book of poetry at the end of the best summer of my life and the beginning of college life. I was nostalgic, love sick, angsty and battling a little bit of heartburn. I made friends. I learned a little. I had a stereotypical collegiate debate on life and the universe in a circle of douchebaggery. But I was bored.
- I had been dying to see a perfect book on love, friends, life, and the awkward bellyflop of adulthood that are the college years (sans all the sentimental, nostalgic, drunken crap), so I began to try my hand at it. It’s been nearly a year and I’ve still got a ways to go, but it’s been the creative journey I’ve wanted my entire life.
Maybe it’s a grain of confidence that somehow weaseled its way into my system or a desire to relate and hear people’s thoughts as I attempt to finish my first book, but Tim Gagnon Was Here is the result of all of the above. I’d love it if you joined me along this trip to see where my writing can go. Or not. Totally up to you.
Theme mods and background image by Ethan “Mmmbop” Hansen at Two Senses/Ethan Hansen Photography.
The Writing of Tim Gagnon by Tim Gagnon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.timgagnonwashere.tumblr.com (by email at email@example.com).